We believe that every person has the potential to make a difference! At Open Door, the Dream Team is our method for making a difference at church and in our community.
The Dream Team includes everyone who is a part of helping Open Door to function. Every single one of us has an important and unique role to play!
No one role is more important than another, and no one person is more important. We want to help YOU make a difference while using your unique skills & God-given gifts.
What do you need to do to join the Dream Team?
- Attend Next Steps 1-4
- Complete Leadership Application (see below)
- Agree to Honor Code (reviewed in Next Steps or you can obtain a copy when you meet with a Team Leader)
Below is a list of ways you can get involved in the Dream Team:
- WORSHIP: Leads the congregation in worship each Sunday through music. Includes musicians and vocalists. Serves 2-4x per month and has a weekly practice. Great for someone with musical gifting and a passion for authentic worship.
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Helps to give all who attend a positive experience on Sunday mornings. Includes parking team, greeters, mission cafe, info table, security and more. Usually serves 2x per month. Ideal for someone who is friendly and eager to meet and serve people.
- PRODUCTION/MEDIA: Ensures that the sound, media, and lighting run smoothly for Sunday Services and more. Serves 2-4x per month. Perfect for someone with an interest or experience with tech, sound and/or computer equipment, and is detail oriented.
- CHILDREN’S: Provides a safe & fun environment for children newborn through grade 6. Serves 1-4x per month. Includes Nursery, Kid’s Church, and Child Check-In. Great for someone who loves kids!
- PRAYER: Provides consistent prayer for the church, community, and the world. Also helps with our prayer times held at the church. Ideal for the person who desires to support the church and community through regular prayer.
- ADMINISTRATIVE & COMMUNICATIONS: Includes scheduling teams, data entry, as well as church-wide communications, graphics creation, video creation, and social media. Great for someone who needs to serve from home.
- MOPS TEAM: This team provides care for nursery and preschool age children 2x a month from Sept-May (1st & 3rd Wed. mornings) when MOPS meets. Perfect for someone who does not have children at home and is available to serve 4 hours per month.