What is the Marriage Course? The Marriage Course is very practical; giving any married couple the tools to build a strong and healthy marriage that lasts a lifetime.
Over seven evenings spent together, couples talk about important issues that can be swept under the carpet in the rush of daily life.
Topics covered include:
- Recognizing each others needs
- Learning to communicate effectively
- Resolving conflict
- Healing past hurts
- Knowing how to make each other feel loved
- Relating to parents and in-laws
- Good sex
- Making time for each other
- Having fun together
Privacy as a couple is always respected. There is no group discussion and no requirements to disclose anything about your relationship to anyone else.
What’s Involved? Each evening includes a video and private opportunities (dessert provided) for each couple to discuss the topic and do workbook exercises together. The setting is welcoming, relaxed and nonthreatening.
Who is it for? The Marriage Course if for any married couple who wants to build a strong and lasting relationship, especially:
- Those who want to enhance their marriage
- Those in the first five years of marriage
- Those at a challenging stage in their marriage
- Those struggling with issues in their marriage
The course, while based on Christian principals, is very helpful for any couple with or without a Christian Faith or church background.
Where: Open Door Church
When: 7 Friday evenings beginning Feb. 15, 2019
Registration required by Feb. 3rd (room for 10 couples)
Look for a sign-up sheet at Open Door or contact Susan Thomas @ 735-7257