Here’s a bit of good news:
You are not everything and you don’t have to be everything.
And yes, that’s really, really good news.
Letting Yourself Go is an invitation to step fully into the upside-down kingdom of God, where the last are first, the greatest are the least, and where you’ll find your true self by losing yourself in Jesus.
Welcome, sister, to the greatness of becoming less.
at Belfast Harbor Inn & The Belfast Boathouse
He must become greater. I must become less. John 3:30
Theme: Letting Yourself Go: The Unexpected Joy of Becoming Less
• Pay by check: $75.00 for full retreat OR $50 for Saturday ONLY
$109 plus tax for 2 guests in a room (about $60 per person, per night)
$119 plus tax for 3 guests in a room (about $44 per person, per night)
$129 plus tax for 4 guests in a room (about $36 per person, per night)
Call Belfast Harbor Inn at 207-338-2740 and mention the Open Door Women’s Retreat. Rooms accommodate up to 4 people (2 queen beds). You may also reserve the night after the retreat for the same amount if you wish to stay Saturday night.
Our room block is held until March 1st, 2019. Be sure to call and reserve your room before this!
Registration is a 2-part process. You are not registered until both of these steps are completed. Registration deadline is March 1st.
- Complete your registration form either online or in person
- Submit your payment either online or by cash/check in person
To register in person, visit the Info Tables at Open Door between services. Fill out a paper registration and complete payment at that time.
Friday, April 5
3:00–5:00 Check-in at Belfast Harbor Inn (BHI)
5:30 Welcome dinner at The Belfast Boathouse (BB)
6:30-6:45 Announcements & Intros
6:45-8:15 Worship & Study Session 1
8:15-8:45 Small Groups
9:00 Free time at BHI: swim, play, chat, sleep
Saturday, April 6
7:00-9:00 Continental breakfast at BHI; personal devotions; CHECK-OUT
8:00-9:15 Full breakfast at BB (optional)
9:30-11:00 Worship & Study Session 2
11:00-11:15 Prayer & Quiet Reflection
11:30-12:00 Small Groups
12:00-1:30 Lunch / Break
1:30-2:30 Soul Stations
2:30-4:00 Worship & Study Session 3
4:00-4:30 Prayer and Quiet Reflection
4:30-5:30 Final Session: Communion & Commission
Sunday, April 7 (at Open Door)
9:00-10:00 First Service
10:00-10:30 Fellowship & Mission Café
10:30-11:00 Second Service
Remember to bring:
- Your Bible. If you don’t have a Bible you are comfortable reading, contact us PRIOR to the retreat and we will provide one for you!
- Emergency/Medical ID/Insurance/Rx cards and bracelets/monitors, health/medical prescriptions, supplies & personal care items
- Bathing suit if you want to swim in the pool or hot tub
- Personal/Dietary snacks/drinks
- Group snack: Bring to the Boathouse. Thanks for sharing!
- Specialty bedding/pillow/mask/earplugs/gizmos
- Warm/cool outerwear & umbrella, boots for walking to the ocean
Good to Know:
- Dinner Friday night & breakfast and lunch on Saturday are provided. There is a continental breakfast at BHI if you do not care for a full breakfast.
Belfast Harbor Inn:
- Reserve your room by MARCH 1 for guaranteed accommodations!
- You may reserve your room with a credit or debit card, but it will not be charged until the retreat.
- Rooms with ocean-views are first come, first serve, so reserve early!
- Most rooms offer 2 queen beds; some with a pull-out couch; some offer 1 king bed; all have refrigerator, coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron & board, TV and wi-fi.
- The heated pool & hot tub will be kept open for us until 10 pm.
- The breakfast area is reserved for us on Friday night for conversation, games, and fellowship.
- We share the inn with other guests. Quiet time starts at 11 pm.
- Please remember to tip the housekeeping staff.
Please communicate changes in attendance directly to Esther Littlefield (207-249-9013) or Theresa Gaffney (207-323-6835), PRIOR to the retreat.
If you arrive in Belfast after 5:15 PM on Friday or are not staying overnight in Belfast, come directly to the Belfast Boathouse. You can check in at Belfast Harbor Inn after session 1.